I taught a class last week where someone asked what phone apps I recommended for couponers to maximize their savings, no matter what type of couponer they were (extreme, dedicated, casual, or the if I remember to bring the coupons with me to the store couponer). I have written about all of these apps before, but here are all of them in the same place.
1. Favado Favado is a mobile savings app that helps shoppers stop overspending by notifying them when their favorite items are on sale. Favado has money saving experts who hand select sales and coupons every week — in more than 65,000 grocery and drugstores nationwide — to enable discovery of the best deals for savings up to 70% on everyday items.
2. Ibotta: Ibotta is a fun and easy way to earn $20 or more each time you go shopping. The more you use it, the better and more personalized your offers become.
Here’s how Ibotta works:
- Get the Ibotta app HERE
- Pick out the coupons for products you want
- Buy your products
- Take a picture of your receipt and submit it.
- Ibotta will send you cash for your purchases, you can redeem for gift cards for Starbucks, Redbox, and more!
- Every time you redeem an offer Ibotta will send you another one!
- By using Ibotta it will learn what you like, and will personalize the product coupons it sends you.
3. CheckOut 51:
Here is yet another FREE tool that will help you save even more money while shopping! What if I told you they will pay you for buying the products you already buy!?!
Here is how Checkout 51 works:
- Sign up Here (it’s FREE!)
- See what offers are available on the offer page. New offers are added every Thursday at 12 am and expire the following Wednesday at 11:59 PM (see the offers that go live 1/16 below):
- After you go shopping, submit your receipt, and get cash back for any of the products that you bought that are on the offer page!!
- Get a check in the mail once your balance reaches $20!!
4. Walmart Savings Catcher
If you shop at Wal-mart you will like this program that works nationwide!
“If a local competitor has a lower advertised price, you get an eGift Card for the difference”
It is actually very simple and only has a few steps
- Enter your receipt number or scan the barcode here
- Walmart will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product.
- If Savings Catcher finds a lower advertised price, you get the difference, back on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card!
You can submit up to 7 receipts per week to Savings Catcher.
There are a few promotions that Savings Catcher do not include:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price (example: “Buy oatmeal to get cereal for $1.”)
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get a free product (example: “Buy both oatmeal & cereal to get milk for free.”)
- Items that require a purchase to get a gift card (example: “Buy a 12 pack of paper towels to get a $5 gift card.”)
- Buy one get one free (BOGO) deals where no item price is listed (example: Peter Pan Peanut Butter, buy one, get one free. Save up to $2.50.”)
- Going out of business or closeout prices.
- Percentage off (example: “All mascara, 40% off.)
- Online purchases
MobiSave lets you save no matter where you shop. Just select from their wide variety of offers and use their App to send us a picture of your receipt and they will deposit your savings directly to your PayPal account (almost instantly).
There is a wide variety of apps to use in order to help you save more money at the register. These are just a few of the best ones that I personally use and know are legitimate.