As we approach Spring, we begin thinking about our yards. I am often asked about toys for the little ones. Here is a list of yous, sure to bring smile to the little ones in your life. What outside toys do your little ones enjoy?
The Step2 Neat & Tidy Cottage is perfect for year-round fun! Its molded-in floor keeps kids out of the dirt and mom’s happy. The perfect playhouse for toddlers!
Jumping fun for everyone. Made from soft, durable foam is great for indoor and outdoor play and squeaks with every hop. The bungee stretches to accommodate children of all heights and can support up to 250 pounds. Kids and adults alike will have a hopping good time on the Hop & Squeak Pogo Jumper. For ages 3 years and up.
Little Tikes Role Play products inspire kids to connect with their world through dramatic, creative, and imaginary play, while promoting social interaction for everyday fun . For Ages 3 years and up.
Help your child develop confidence, balance, strength, and agility with the Easy Outdoor Geodescent Space Dome. Made of rust- and UV-resistant steel, the dome encourages your child to climb up, over, and around the structure with other kids, giving them hours of playtime and creativity while developing their interpersonal and social skills. Designed for children between ages 3 and 10, the dome measures 91 by 46 by 91 inches (W x H x D) and supports up to 2,000 pounds. It also carries a two-year warranty.
Climb in, on, or around the Happy Caterpillar! Kids’ ages 2-4 will love to play on this colorful climber for hours of educational fun. The brightly colored body segments can be assembled in different ways with large “feet” holding the unit in place for safe play. The Happy Caterpillar can be used for indoor or outdoor fun.
7 basics to catch you up on Chia:
- Chia seed comes from the desert plant salvia hispanica, native to parts of Central and South America.
- Evidence shows humans have used chia seeds as far back as 3500 B.C.
- Chia served as fuel for Aztec warriors before going into battle and Aztec messengers used it on their cross-empire journeys.
- Chia was thought to have magical powers due to the strength and energy it gave those that consumed it.
- Chia actually comes from the Aztec word chian, which means oily.
- More recently, chia earned the name “runner’s food” by powering the Tarahumara Indians on their legendary long distance runs, as written about in the New York Times best seller Born to Run.
- Although small, chia is packed with power; chia is the ultimate superfood.
7 Chia Facts & Benefits
Chia seeds are the world’s richest plant-based source of protein, omega-3 fatty acid and fiber. To put this into context, ounce for ounce, chia has more omega-3 than salmon, more protein than tofu, more calcium than milk, more fiber than oatmeal and more magnesium than broccoli.
- Omega-3: reduces inflammation, lowers bad cholesterol and improves brain function.
- Fiber: 11 grams of fiber per ounce of chia.
- Protein: plant-based, vegan protein.
- Minerals: high concentrations of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese, all necessary for important bodily functions.
- Satiation: absorbs 12 times its weight, leaving you feeling full and satisfied.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: helps regulate insulin levels.
- Gluten free: chia is a seed, void of gluten or grains.
I just checked this FREE Chore Chart out and I love it! This chore chart motivates your kids and helps them earn rewards that they can save, donate to charity, or spend on toys! This is completely free as well. If you are a parent, this is a must!
Blurb author Kal Barteski is a maker extraordinaire whose creativity knows no bounds. She’s a working designer, painter, storyteller, book creator, TEDx speaker, and calligrapher who can now add “video star” to her resumé with the first of our Canadian book-maker profiles. Watch the first installment in our Canadian Author video series with a wild look at Kal’s creativity. We think you’ll be inspired to make your own book with Blurb. See the video.
Disclosure: Affiliate links may be found in this post as well as other avenues in association with this post. By clicking on these links, you are helping to support this website. As always the opinions expressed above are my honest thoughts, ideas,and insights
Adorable kids clothes at amazing discounts + Money for your child’s school programs. Plus, 30% off your first order with code SCHOOLA30
Here’s how Schoola works:
It’s a win win situation for everyone. You get to clean your child’s closet and earn money for your school!