Dollar Tree: Get Those Coupons Ready
(This was inside a local Dollar Tree. This store started taking coupons last Sunday. Manager said not a single person had tried to use a coupon yet. Nationwide roll out dates vary some areas have already started, others August 26th, and some next month. 🙂 )
After a few days of speculation around the internet, I called corporate to get the official word. Manufacturer coupons will be accepted at Dollar Tree stores! They recently tested this out in certain markets, and the response was great. Therefore Dollar Tree has decided to roll this out nationwide! Depending on your area this will either take effect August 26th or in early September. Call your store to see when they will start accepting manufacturer coupons.
Here are a few details I received from corporate and one of my local store managers:
- They will accept manufacturer coupons
- Manufacturer coupons will be redeemed at face value
- No retailer specific coupons (you can not use a Kroger store coupon at Dollar Tree)
- No free item coupons
- One coupon per item
- No specialized coupons (Buy one get one, Buy 3 get one free) where associates have to write in the value
- Printable coupons are still a grey area. Some areas are allowing 2 printable coupons per transaction, others are allowing more than 2 per transaction.
I will say this. Please be patient with cashiers as they make this transition. Some associates have not even been told of this policy yet. I advise having patience and being kind! As soon as the official policy is released I will post it for you to keep in your binder.