Pottery Barn Kids: Summer Reading Challenge:
From now through August 26th, read all the award-winning books on one of our recommended lists and qualify for the chance to win 1 of 10 Pottery Barn Kids backpacks filled with books. Download a reading list, progress poster, and a certificate of completion.
Chuck E Cheese’s
Read a book every day for 2 weeks and get 10 FREE Tokens at Chuck E Cheese’s.
- One free token award per child per day
- Food purchase is required
Scholastic Summer Challenge:
- Choose what YOU want to read, then read as many minutes as you can!
- Log your minutes every day and enter summer sweepstakes!
- Beat weekly reading goals and take extra challenges for summer rewards!
Heifer International Library Program
“Children across the United States will have the opportunity to take a journey around the world as they read stories from various countries and cultures. As they read, they will be helping children and families around the globe lift themselves out from the grip of hunger and poverty.”
DIG Into Reading
The 2013 Public Libraries find yours here. This years program has various rewards and incentives for reading. My son has done the public library summer reading porgram since he was three.
- Sign up at your local library (usually in the children’s section
- You will get a reading log to keep track of how many books/minutes you read.
- Receive prizes for reading certain amounts of time (this varies by library)
- Numerous activities at libraries throughout the summer
- Weekly prizes for checking in at your library and sharing your progress
Barnes & Nobles
Here Is How:
Book Adventure is a free, online reading program for children in grades K-8. Kids learn to love reading through interactive tools, games and motivational rewards. At Book Adventure, reading is rewarding!
- Explore the site: www.bookadventure.com
- Create an account with user name and password: Register to sign up – select Student, Teacher, Parent
- Children search for books to read in the Book Finder
- They read books then go back online to take quizzes
- Once they successfully pass quizzes they earn points toward prizes, motivating them to read more
Within the Prize Library, kids can search for a prize they’d like to win or exchange points for a prize they have earned by reading books and answering quiz questions correctly.
HEBUDDY Summer Reading Club (Texas Residents)
- Read 10 books
- Log each book on the reading log
- Mail the form by September 1st (address on form)
- Get cool prizes including a Free T-Shirt
- Read 10 books this summer.
- Print out the Summer Reading Form
- Write down the names of the books they’ve read
- Take the form to the nearest TD Bank
- Receive $10 in a new or existing Young Saver account
BJU Press Summer Reading Program
- Children, ages 4–17
- Choose any eight weeks between May 1 and August 13
- Sign up your child at http://www.bjupress.com/books/summer-reading
- Print out the reading logs, and start reading!
- Each child who completes the reading requirements will receive a free completion prize while supplies last.