Ants on a Log Granola Bars! These are kid tested and kid approved! Little ones can even help with these, just make sure you have a few extra ingredients as, they tend to disappear with little hands helping ;). These would also make a nice surprise in their lunchbox.
What You’re Going to Need:
– Quaker Chewy Dips Granola Bars (I used chocolate chip)
– M&M’s Candies
– Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses (Really you can use any plain chocolate you have on hand)
– Ziplock Sandwich Bag
– Sharp Knife
– Unwrap two chocolate kisses and place them in a small microwave safe bowl
– Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until just melted enough to be stirred with the tip of a knife.
– Turn a sandwich bag inside out over your hand and scoop up the chocolate.
– Turn the bag right side in and press the chocolate mixture into one corner of the bag.
– With a sharp knife, just barely cut the corner of the sandwich bag off so that you have a teeny tiny hole from which you can pipe the chocolate. The smaller the better. (Parents only for this step!)
– Unwrap a granola bar.
– Pipe two small dabs of chocolate onto the top of the bar and affix two M&M’s candies onto it.
– The melted chocolate will act like a glue to hold the body of your ants onto the log.
– Repeat this process to form the body of your second ant.
– Pipe two eyes onto your ants.
– Pipe three legs on each side of your ants radiating out from the center of the body where the two M&M’s candies meet.