These tasty and fun treats are easy to make and the little ones can help you. These would also be cute at a kids party. How about making some and giving them to local police or firefighters? I bet they would LOVE these! These are a fun treat to make throughout the year!
1 Bag Pretzel Rods
1 Bag Semi Sweet or Milk Chocolate Morsels
1 Bag Yogurt Chips or White Chocolate Morsels
1 Cup Red Morsels or Chocolate Melts
1 Cup Green Morsels or Chocolate Melts
A Variety of Sprinkles for Decorating
1 Cup Crushed Peanuts (or any nuts)
1 Bag Carmel Morsels or Kraft Carmel Melts
2 Sandwich Bags or Pastry Bags
Directions for Carmel Peanut Pretzel Rods:
- Melt the caramel morsels or caramel melts in a glass bowl using a double boiler system. You can do this with the microwave but it’s very touchy, it’s easier to melt them with the double boiler.
- Coat the pretzel rods in melted caramel
- Spread crushed nuts on parchment or wax paper
- While still wet roll the coated pretzel rods over the crushed nuts
- Sit the finished pretzel rods on a wax paper lined cooked sheet to cool and harden
- Once cool you can drizzle with melted chocolate morsels using a small sandwich bag with the corner snipped off, or a pastry bag with a fine tip!
Directions for Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods:
- Melt chocolate melts or morsels in glass dishes using a double boiler or the microwave. If microwaving be sure to stop every 15-30 seconds and stir. Once the morsels begin to melt you can remove and continue to stir until smooth
- Using a spoon to help, coat the pretzel rods with chocolate and white chocolate. Remember to leave some room to hold the pretzel rod for eating!
- After they are coated you can roll them through the toppings of your choice. Sprinkling them with toppings over a paper plate works well too! Place each coated pretzel rod on a wax paper lined cookie sheet to set up. Leave a bit of space between each to make drizzling with red and green chocolate easier
- Using a pastry bag with a fine tip (or a sandwich bag with a tiny bit of the corner cut off) drizzle the desired pretzel rods with some festive chocolate topping. You can also use the leftover chocolate and white chocolate to drizzle the caramel nut pretzels!
- These make great gifts and are easily packaged into cellophane bags and tied with ribbon! Perfect for a party they can be displayed in glass cups for easy grabbing!