If your little minions are excited about or already saw and loved the Minion movie, why not create your own Minion shoes? Below you will find step by step directions to make these. This makes a great Summer afternoon art project! If you wish to have your own minion shoes too, check out shoeadviser.com – they have a lot in their footwear collection.
- 1 pair white tennis shoes
- Tape (Duck tape or Painters tape)
- Acrylic or Fabric paint: (Colors: Chambray blue, yellow, dark grey, black, brown, red, pink and white
- Small paint brushes
-Remove the laces from each shoe.
-Put tape around the sole of each shoe so that paint will not get on it.
-Stuff the toe of each shoe with old newspaper.
-Hand draw or copy the Minion on the right shoe and the half Minion on the left shoe including the facial features. and clothing
-Outline the Minion in black
– Fill in the body with yellow except for his overalls which you will paint gray
-On both shoes outline and color in the gloves, hair and glass frame.
-Outline the mouth in black, make two grey lines on the top and bottom on the mouth adding small white squares for the teeth
– Outline and color in the grey frames for the glasses and make a button on the pocket in the center of the overalls.
-Using white paint, fill in the white in the eyes: brown for the center of the eyes with a small white streak close to the black dot in the eye.
-In the mouth, add a small, short line of pink and add a small red dot in the center for the tongue.
-Using yellow spell out the word “MINIONS”.
-Allow to dry overnight or until when you touch the shoes no paint comes off on your fingers.
-You may want to spray a protective coating on them prior to wearing.