Caramel Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread
We are gearing up for my favorite time of year…Fall! With that comes lots of baking in my house. Goodies for family, friends, neighbors, and more! Here is one of my recipes I make for meetings. My Caramel Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread. This dessert is always a hit!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup caramel filled chocolate chips
For the caramel frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Combine the sugars, oil, eggs, and pumpkin until mixed together
- Sift together the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, flour, and cocoa powder. Slowly beat it into the sugar mixture alternately with the milk. Stir in the chocolate chunks and caramel chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread the batter in a greased 9×5 bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Flip out onto a plate and cool completely.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar and stir for 2 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves all the way.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk and vanilla.
- Let cool for 4-5 minutes. Beat in the powdered sugar.
- Spread on the top of the cooled bread.
- Top with mini chocolate chips if desired. Cut into 12 slices. Store covered and Enjoy!!!