This is a recipe, that the littles will love!!! These are also adorable as a centerpiece for a dessert table!
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients:
1 C sugar
1 3/4 C cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 C sour cream
1 TBSP vanilla
2/3 C whole milk, room temp
Vanilla Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Put sugar , cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer for about 1 1/2 minutes. Mix well.
- Scoop in the butter mixing on medium to low speed for about 2 minutes.
The batter will have an appearance of small crumble pieces.
- Whisk the eggs, yogurt and vanilla together until the texture is smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture in with the dry ingredients beating until combined on medium.
- Reduce speed to low while gradually adding milk to the above mixture. (Batter may be thin and watery.)
- Spoon the batter into the lined cupcake tins until 2/3rds filled.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of oven allowing the cupcakes to remain in the cupcake pan to cool for several minutes.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack until totally cool.
- Once completely cooled, use a small spoon and dig a hole in the center of the cupcake.
Grass Frosting Ingredients:
1 C soft unsalted butter
4 + C powder sugar
4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Grass Green gel food coloring
1 bag of Easter Peeps
Wilton Icing Decorations small flowers
Grass Frosting Directions:
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down.
If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then…. Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
- Add several drops of the grass green gel food coloring. Mix well to incorporate the color thorough out the frosting.
If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the star tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Frost around the hole in the center of the cupcake.
- Stick the candy peep into the hole with the head sticks out of the frosted cupcake.
- Position several candy flowers on the frosted cupcake.