Here’s a recipe, that calls for little ones help ;). We make this recipe at various times of the year. It is easy to make and the kids love shaking intruehealth the bag (just make sure it is completely closed first!). Enjoy! These never last long in our house!
3 C Chex cereal
1 C Ghiaradelli white chocolate wafers
1/4 C unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 C + powdered sugar
1 C Easter M&M candy
1 C pastel mini marshmallows
- Prep a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large measuring cup pour 3 cups of Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- Pour the white chocolate wafers into the top of a double boiler. Melt chocolate and stirring often.
- Slowly pour the warm melted chocolate over the Chex cereal.
- Using a wooden spoon begin to gently mix the chocolate and the cereal.
- Make sure that all of the cereal is well coated with chocolate.
- Scoop the coated cereal into a large plastic bag.
- Add in the powdered sugar. Seal the bag closed and begin to shake the two together.
- Make sure that all of the pieces of chocolate coated cereal are now covered with powdered sugar.
- Gently pour the cereal onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the cereal back into a large bowl.
- Measure out the M&M candy and pastel mini marshmallows to the mix.
- Store in a Ziploc bag or lidded container.